I'm sometimes asked by friends who've written their first screenplay: "How do I get my script noticed?"
There are various ways to get a movie script noticed: query letters, screenplay contests, internet sites such as InkTip.com, dating a movie producer, etc.
But there's really only one correct answer:
"Write a great script."
If you do that, your script will get noticed.
If you fail to do that, you don't want your script to get noticed.
Here's a true story:
I wrote a TV pilot script on spec and gave it to a friend of mine who produces music videos.
He loved it and gave it to a producer who makes documentaries.
She loved it and gave it to her entertainment attorney.
He loved it and gave it to a TV agent at CAA.
She loved it and sent it out to a dozen of the top television producers in the business.
They all loved it and passed.
But the script got noticed.

No comments:
Post a Comment