Friday, January 19, 2007

Welcome, Slamdance Horror Semifinalists!

While waiting anxiously for the final results, quite a few of the semifinalists for the Slamdance Horror Competition have wandered over to this blog and said hello in the comments.

Hey, that's great!

Glad to meet you all.

Since people are introducing themselves under various posts, I thought I'd try to centralize the handshaking here so people can find each other.

Feel free to introduce yourselves, talk about your Slamdance scripts, other projects, favorite horror films, your life story, or whatever.

If you've got your own website or blog, give us the link so we can find you.

Self-promotion is not only allowed, but highly encouraged.

So far, I've heard from:

Paul Kramer (Crave)
Bobby Darby (Slaughter)
Roger Rousseau (The Dead of Winter)
Shaun O'Sullivan (Torn Apart)

I've exchanged emails with a few more of you, so by all means speak up.

One of the things that is unique about this screenplay competition is that the winning script will immediately be taken off the market by Angel Baby Entertainment.

Any residual publicity will accrue to the semifinalists and finalists whose scripts are still available.

I expect that when the grand prize winner is publicly announced on January 26, a number of us will benefit from the Slamdance buzz.

If fellow screenwriters have landed on this site from Google or wherever, then producers, agents, and managers probably will too.

So if you've been lurking, please say hello to the Slamdance Horror class of 2007.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got an email from John Stoddard stating that THE DEAD OF WINTER did not make it into the top 5. Oh well, I guess I'll take my semifinalist standing and run with that.

http://www.unsoundfilms.com/roger

David Wisehart said...

I did not get an email from John, but saw the list posted on the Slamdance site.

Thanks for the link to your website. I see that you've started a livejournal for your work. Keep us posted on your progress.

I expect to hear great things.

- David

Unknown said...

Hey, fellow semifinalists (mine is CAGE). Making the top 20 is still pretty sweet.

Congrats to the top 5!