Friday, April 6, 2007

Next Steps

After Red Wedding made the semifinals in the Slamdance Horror Competition, I received a half-dozen requests from producers, directors, and managers who wanted to read the script. I sent out copies and am still waiting to hear back.

Meanwhile, I'm considering producing and directing the film myself.

In researching my options, I came across filmmaker Scott McKinlay's blog, where he discusses the making and selling of his first low-budget horror film, Gag.
So, let’s say you are thinking about making a movie…first, and this is very important–unless you are seriously wealthy and don’t care if you make your money back and unless have at least a million dollars for a production budget AND at least one name actor to star or at least appear in your movie–you MUST make a horror film…like it or not, horror films are about the only movie genre people will see even if your movie is low budget.
Check it out at Gag the Blog.

No comments: